It happens. Sometimes a user has created multiple accounts in Brainscape and they want to delete the extra ones that they don't use. You may do this directly in the mobile app(s), but not on the website at this time.
Steps to take before deleting your account:
1. If you have an active Brainscape Pro subscription, you may receive an error. You'll need to cancel your subscription where you originally made the purchase (i.e. iOS, Android or website) before you can proceed to delete your account.
Please note that if you have an existing subscription with time left, the deletion of your account won't officially happen until the subscription has come to an end. e.g. If you have a month subscription, but still have 10 days left, you'll need to wait to the end of the period that you've paid for to end before the account will be officially deleted.
2. If there are other people using flashcards that you created, you may choose to just change your name & email address, rather than deleting your account, so that those associated flashcards don't also get deleted. (This will protect your identity, if that was a concern, without actually impacting those learners who were studying your flashcard content.). If this is not a concern, then please remove all learners from your class before proceeding.
How to delete on the Mobile App
To delete your account in the app, simply click the options button located on the top right of your Dashboard in the mobile app. Looks like ---> (...) and select 'Account' from the menu. Once you are on the Account screen you have the option to 'Delete Account'.
Note: you will not be able to delete your account on the mobile app if you have an active subscription.
As an other option, if you do not have access to delete via the mobile app or would like our team to assist, please fill out this form and we’ll be happy to delete your account for you.
How to cancel a subscription on the Web
Since you are unable to delete your account until your active subscription is cancelled, the below will show you how to cancel a subscription that was created on the web. Remember, you can't delete an account on the web at this time.
1. From the Dashboard, you can click on the settings wheel and select "Manage Account"
2. From your profile screen, you may click on the top right and select "My Account" from the drop down
You will be taken to the Account Overview screen and you can select "Account Settings" from the menu to be taken the appropriate screen. From here you can Cancel your subscription. Note that clicking on "Detele Account" will take you back to this help center article for guidance.
What information is deleted:
The following is the data collected upon signup (all of which will also be deleted upon account deletion):
- email address
- oAuth login ID (Google or Apple)
- study activity logs
- the flashcards you create (our support team will assist with this process)
Deactivating your account
If you simply want to deactivate your account but come back to use it at a later date, then you can always just leave it alone for now, and ensure that you have stopped any paid subscriptions.
Still have questions and can't find the answer? Be sure to email our Tech Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org), or join our Discord channel where you can discuss all things learning, meet others studying for the same exams, and upvote features you'd like to see us add to our tool.
And for more FREE study advice don't forget to check out the Brainscape Academy.