Choosing which eLearning technologies that your organization uses is always a big decision. Whether you are evaluating Brainscape as your main training tool (if you have straightforward 'knowledge acquisition-only' needs), or whether you would be using Brainscape as a complementary tool alongside a separate Learning Management System (LMS), we want to make it easy for you to get buy-in from key stakeholders.
The following are some helpful selling points that you can use to present Brainscape to your key decision-makers:
- Adaptive Learning -- Adaptive, personalized learning is the future. But you can't have truly adaptive learning unless you have first broken down content into its most fundamental building blocks. Digital flashcards are perfect for this.
- Mobile Learning -- Brainscape is available to study in either a web browser and/or our iOS or Android app, and all users' content and progress is kept in sync across platforms. Today's students and employees vastly prefer mobile learning experiences vs. web-only experiences.
- Proven Results -- Brainscape's study algorithm, Confidence-Based Repetition (CBR), is based on several decades of cognitive science research into how people learn and retain knowledge. Our system optimizes the speed and permanence of the learning experience. [See our white paper for the full geeky explanation.]
- Ease of Use -- Unlike some of the feature-bloated learning software out there, Brainscape's focus on flashcards makes onboarding new students or employees extremely simple. Users can typically figure out how Brainscape works within seconds, and if they can't, there are easy on-screen tooltips and user guides to help walk them through the process
- Flexibility -- You can easily use Brainscape as a stand-alone learning tool, or in combination with another system. Simply insert a link to your Brainscape Class on your main site (or app), and students will be able to seamlessly switch between tools once they have created (or been mass-uploaded into) a Brainscape account. (No, we don't yet offer single sign-on.) There are many creative lesson plans that you could create with our software
- Real-time content updates -- In contrast to paper flashcards or traditional eLearning, any edits you make to shared Brainscape flashcards are instantaneously visible by all learners, on any device they may be using
- Collaboration -- You can easily invite other colleagues or students to help you edit the digital flashcards together. This is collectively much faster than having each student creating their own paper flashcards, and faster than having multiple instructors emailing a PPT file back & forth for editing
- Performance Monitoring -- Brainscape's educator dashboard allows learning admins to track students' study progress. Knowing how people are using Brainscape is an important component of several creative lesson plans that can be used with our software
Good luck spreading the word about Brainscape, and please let us know if you ever have any tips that would make promoting Brainscape even easier for you!
Still have questions and can't find the answer be sure to check out our Community page and ask your question or suggest your features!