TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why Brainscape is perfect for a class or company
- How to secure the content you share in Brainscape
- Sharing classes in Brainscape
- Subscription Types: Pro vs Free
- Curriculum Ideas for Brainscape Flashcards
- Tracking Learner Data
- Other Resources
Why Brainscape is perfect for a class or company
As you may know, Brainscape is a web & mobile education platform that helps people learn faster based on proven cognitive science. Our adaptive flashcards system provides many cognitive benefits beyond traditional paper flashcards, helping students retain information for longer than ever before.
These single-user benefits are further amplified when Brainscape is used in a more organized setting, such as a school or company. Our flashcards are easy to update real-time and share with an audience to help supplement other classroom, textbook, or online learning. Flashcards are the perfect way to zero in on the concepts that you want your learners to remember for long periods.
Brainscape allows retention to be doubled through the effective learning principles our tool is founded on, and we’ve heard from thousands of educators about how our spaced-repetition flashcards enhance the engagement, concentration, and focus of their students.
How to secure the content you share in Brainscape
There are many different ways you can find content in Brainscape that is right for your audience:
- Create your own flashcards in Brainscape to share with your students (for FREE); or
- Customize other users' flashcards (make a copy and add to your library) from our public market to share with your learners; or
- Find one of our Brainscape Certified Courses to help your students prepare for a certification or standardized test. If you want to make the content private, or share a Brainscape-certified class, everyone in your class or company will need a Pro subscription. You can do this by purchasing a license or asking the group to upgrade individually.
If your content exists in another format, you can import the content or you can crowdsource the completion of material through collaboration with your team, peers, or students.
Sharing classes in Brainscape
Sharing content is easy, and on the web, you can share via email address or via the class link if you are the Administrator (creator) of the class, or share via class link. In Brainscape, you share permissions at the class level, and then all decks are available for studying by the learners.
As the creator of the class, you can change permissions for your learners and also remove people from the class once they have joined.
Subscription types: Pro vs free
Brainscape offers the same functionality for all learners, whether you are a teacher or a student. The features and functionality differ based on whether you are using our free service or if you have upgraded to our Pro subscription.
You can create your content with a Pro subscription and share it for free with your students. If you require Pro access for all your learners, or you wish the class to be private, then you can speak with our team for a license for your group.
By default, all flashcard classes are public, meaning that they are discoverable by anyone using our platform. If you wish to make your class private, you can do so with a Pro membership. Private classes can be studied by anyone the creator of the class has specifically shared the class with, assuming they also have Pro access.
If you are creating this course to share with an audience or a class of learners, you may talk to us about a license which is a secure and affordable way to grant all users Pro access for a specific duration.
Curriculum Ideas for Brainscape Content
You can create coursework, and students can study on the web or in our mobile app, allowing them to study anytime and anywhere. Updates can be made real time, and no bulky piles of paper flashcards are necessary. You can create your coursework, or share some of the Braisncape certified flashcards with your audience.
The sky's the limit in terms of how you incorporate Brainscape into lesson plans or corporate onboarding to increase the retention and ROI of your training program, and our team is here to support your learning needs.
Tracking Learner Data
There are a couple of ways to track the mastery, study metrics, and performance of your learners:
- Learners Tab: On both the web and mobile app, wherever your users are studying, their Brainscape learning progress will be synced "to the cloud" and aggregated into each of your Class dashboards. On the web, you can view information about the amount of time and cards studied, and on the mobile app, you can view the total cards studied.
- Partner Report: this report is provided with licenses and allows you to track additional study data for your learners. The report will also provide additional code redemption information.
For schools, companies, and resellers we also offer an Enterprise license that makes life easier for everyone at your organization. The license model allows you to purchase many Pro upgrades in bulk for a discounted price. The following are some benefits of an Enterprise license:
- Pro accounts for everyone -- All of your users would automatically have access to all Pro features, without hitting paywalls and being asked to provide a credit card individually
- Discounted Pricing -- When purchasing a license, you receive a discount by purchasing many upgrades at once.
- Private, secure access -- Your team would have a unique URL that is invisible to search engines and the public Brainscape marketplace
- Easier onboarding -- In addition to the unique URL, you would also be able to mass upload huge lists of users (by email address), so nobody has to create their own account
- Dedicated customer service -- You would have a technical support rep dedicated to your account, with unlimited training and assistance to get your team up & running and answer any urgent questions
Enterprise licenses are billed based on the duration of time you need access to the Pro features or private class and can be easily upgraded or downgraded as your team's size changes over time.
If you require additional support outside of what has been shared in this article, you can check out our other Help Center resources. We also offer a ton of support via YouTube Channel or Academy articles for Teachers and Companies.
Additionally, our Discord Channel is a great way to connect with other types of Instructors or Learners, and we’d love to have you join the community!
For anything else, you can contact our Tech Support Team (email@example.com) and they can answer your questions.